Pretty Guardians
Hi! Please read here!

https://prettyguardians.forumotion.com/t9-welcome-read-here-to-find-out-everything-you-need#9
Pretty Guardians
Hi! Please read here!

https://prettyguardians.forumotion.com/t9-welcome-read-here-to-find-out-everything-you-need#9

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Message and Updates

A letter from a Tank YIknkv1 Welcome!
A letter from a Tank YIknkv1 Please introduce your self!
A letter from a Tank YIknkv1 No Ads for Members
Your Profile
Other Links
Today's Topics
Watched Topics
Your profile
Information Preference SignatureAvatar
Social
Friends and FoesMemberlist Groups
Private messages
InboxPM sent
Latest topics
» Hello? Is there anyone home?
A letter from a Tank I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 12:13 am by Lillip

» This ____ I'll be away!
A letter from a Tank I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 6:43 pm by Lillip

» Lalafell! Call Today!
A letter from a Tank I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 11:55 am by Lillip

» The Lovely Lillip Leveling Layout
A letter from a Tank I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 5:32 pm by Lillip

» ALEX SAVAGE
A letter from a Tank I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 9:20 pm by Sinaka Kyralih

» Raid Preparation: The pantry is barren!
A letter from a Tank I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 9:23 pm by Kaladin Stormblessed

» Lillip Lufian RP Bio (WIP:Pictures)
A letter from a Tank I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 10:37 pm by Lillip

» Sinaka Kyralih RP Bio
A letter from a Tank I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:43 pm by Sinaka Kyralih

» RP - First Time Meetings Between Characters
A letter from a Tank I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 6:10 pm by Sinaka Kyralih

Statistics
We have 18 registered users
The newest registered user is louieoconnell86

Our users have posted a total of 487 messages in 107 subjects

A letter from a Tank

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Luna Mau
Guardian Recruit
Luna Mau

Female Character's Gender : Female

A letter from a Tank Empty
PostSubject: A letter from a Tank   A letter from a Tank I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 6:05 am

To all the DPS and Healers, 

I want you to know that not all of you are like this, in fact I've only come across 2 parties like this in all my time playing. Which hasn't been that long but still. I want everyone to know that if you run ahead of your tank, said tank cannot properly pull the agrro, hate or whatever, the monster's attention. So i suggest in all cases that you allow the tank who ever that may be to enter the room first, and let them preform whatever pull the have, before you enter, that way they have the baddies attention and you are free to beat it up or keep your party healthily. 

I have been part of more good, great or outstanding parties than I have bad, but when you start asking if your tank the person in there to protect you basically "knows how to dungeon" or "how to tank" it's kind of rude. Of course the person knows how to run dungeons, and they know how to play their class/job their way. Just cause you're style and theirs don't mix or aren't the same for the same classes, that doesn't give you the right or reason to tell them how to play the game. We all pay to play, so don't assume that everyone will play the same way you do, or any way that you are used to. 

On the same note there is a good way to give advice to players that might be new to the game or their class. That is not >.> emotes or directing them in chat on what moves to use, and when. Tanks are people too you know. We think and we feel and we know how to keep you safe enough to keep us alive. Really we don't usually dive in to that and make tanking our main job/class if we don't have some idea of what we are doing. That being said, you might have a better way of doing something and in that line of thought, why not be cool or at least try to be, and say like "hey have you tried this for this?" and see what happens. I'd bet you'd get a better reaction from your tank that way than directing them. (that is SO annoying)

In closing I would like to stand up for all the tanks out there, big or small, new or old, hard or squishy. We work hard and we try to keep you safe and able to do what it is you do ( honestly I have no idea, it seems like we do the work LOL (I'm kidding i swear)), and remember that we like advice, we havent' thought of it all and honestly we aren't always going to have all the skills in place or use the move you think we should at the right time or we may even have a baddie slip through our defenses, we aren't perfect. Healers will have people die on them and DPS may not hit hard, but if we work at the team we should be we will be fine in the end. So remember to thank your tanks!!

You're always 
A tank since '05 (vanilla WoW)
Back to top Go down
Luna Mau
Guardian Recruit
Luna Mau

Female Character's Gender : Female

A letter from a Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: A letter from a Tank   A letter from a Tank I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 6:05 am

feel free to ignore my rant.
Back to top Go down

A letter from a Tank
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pretty Guardians :: Aethernet Network :: General Game Chat and Info-
Jump to: